Sunday, March 31, 2013

Alleluia!

In the following passage from the Acts of the Apostles, Saint Peter explains the mystery of Christ's Resurrection, understanding David's Psalm 15 prophetically:

God raised him up, releasing him from the throes of death, because it was impossible for him to be held by it. 
For David says of him:

I keep Lord ever in my sight,
since he is at my right hand I shall stand firm.
And so my heart rejoices, my soul is glad;
even my body shall rest in safety,
for you will not leave my soul among the dead,
nor let your beloved know decay.
You will show me the path of life;
the fullness of  joy in your presence.



The Lord Jesus our Hope is risen from the dead. Ever confident in the Father's love, he trusted that he would "not let his beloved know decay." Thus Jesus has trampled down death by death. With him and in him, our hearts rejoice and our souls are glad, for in Christ wounded and risen we have found the path of life and the fullness of joy in God's presence forever. Alleluia!

The Risen Christ, Ambrogio de Stefano Borgognone, 1510.