Friday, December 9, 2016

Saint Juan Diego

We recall these words of Our Blessed Lady to Saint Juan Diego:

Listen, Juan, my dearest and youngest son….know for sure, my dearest… that I am the perfect and ever Virgin Holy Mary, Mother of the God of truth through Whom everything lives, the Lord of all things near us, the Lord of heaven and earth. I want very much to have a little house built here for me, in which I will show Him, I will exalt Him and make Him manifest. I will give Him to the people in all my personal love, in my compassion, in my help, in my protection: because I am truly your merciful Mother, yours and all the people who live united in this land and of all the other people of different ancestries, my lovers, who love me, those who seek me, those who trust in me. Here I will hear their weeping, their complaints and heal all their sorrows, hardships and sufferings…

Like the Son she carries in her virgin womb, Mary very much wants to console us. She is transparent to the mercy that he is for us. Mary and her Son hear our weeping and our sorrow. God and his mother are very near.